I refer others to these posts constantly; I may as well put them here.
Shell Scripting Basics
- Why is using a shell loop to process text considered bad practice?
- Why does my shell script choke on whitespace or other special characters?
- Why is printf better than echo?
- Why is looping over find's output bad practice?
Also highly recommended:
Outside the Box
Member for 3 years, 8 months
2 profile views
Last seen Sep 30 '19 at 17:55
- Unix & Linux 31.7k 31.7k 1515 gold badges101101 silver badges218218 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 6.3k 6.3k 33 gold badges1919 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Academia 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Vi and Vim 3.8k 3.8k 1717 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- The Workplace 3.5k 3.5k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 399 How to deal with an employer who refuses to allow copyright attribution in software
- 270 Only one student answered an exam question - and I strongly suspect he cheated
- 241 Why couldn't Republicans who voted to repeal Obamacare so many times under Obama do it under a Republican president?
- 196 Why is looping over find's output bad practice?
- 155 The teacher erased 3 pages of my 5 year old's completed homework
- 140 The "loop" has arrived. What does the community think about it?
- 121 Using awk to sum the values of a column, based on the values of another column
- View more network posts →