I started writing code on a second hand ZX Spectrum before I was 10, then over the years, migrated from the Spectrum to visual-basic on Windows. Though college I picked up turbopascal and delphi; University gave me the chance to work with ada and java, had the time to pick up some c, php, sql, html, css and a few others along the way.
To make a living I am Principal Engineer with Amido, we are relatively small London-based Start-up working on identity and microservices projects for some of the largest companies in the UK. I live and breathe devops which means I am a vocal proponent of best practices for our software development teams focusing on continuous-deployment, Systems Thinking, Reducing Feedback Cycles, configuration-management, infrastructure-as-a-code and Cyber Security.
If you think you might recognize my name, then it is likely we have interacted through the atom-editor tag, one of my open source projects or through my time as Lead Developer on EVEMon: A character manager for the MMORPG Game EVE Online. I'm a firm believer in open-source and wherever possible I look to release code under free and open source licenses, you can take a look at some of my work on my GitHub, Amido's GitHub and atom.io.
- DevOps 10.3k 10.3k 55 gold badges3131 silver badges7777 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 6.1k 6.1k 44 gold badges4747 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- Server Fault 3.2k 3.2k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Super User 586 586 11 gold badge88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Area 51 341 341 99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 73 What is the definition of "cattle not pets"?
- 72 What is the definition of "cattle not pets"?
- 53 How to handle a blocked clipboard and other oddities
- 50 What exception to throw from a property setter?
- 47 What is a "Walking Skeleton"?
- 46 How to test a Terraform Configuration?
- 45 How do you calculate the compound Service Level Agreement (SLA) for cloud services?
- View more network posts →