I got my start in technology seemingly ages ago, when 8086 and 8088 machines were top-of-the line. I fixed them mostly at that time. Then, I had the urge to run a BBS. Of course, I had to be a rogue SysOp and run WWIV, which I guess at the time was considered "underground." Later, when the Internet killed BBS's for the most part, I started tinkering with HTML, running a Web site for the bowling team I was the president of at Penn State. Once I graduated, I worked for a plastics company, helping out with provisioning PCs, installing network cabling, and creating Web pages in a little-known scripting language called iHTML. That helped me transition into ASP/VB6 programming and eventually .NET and C#. The past few years have been managing developers more than pure coding (though I like to tinker with open source), with a recent move into Enterprise Architecture. I've been with big and small companies in several different industries (ISPs, manufacturing, SaaS, healthcare, to name a few).
While I work as an EA, my passion is in the DevOps space. I have become intimately familiar with how Microsoft Azure DevOps solves the needs of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery and have been successful bringing those capabilities to teams I worked with or managed.
Dunmore, PA, USA
Member for 1 year, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Apr 10 '19 at 0:46
Top network posts
- 27 Using Razor view engine - how do I format a decimal value to have commas and two decimal places?
- 25 TF.exe equivalent to TFPT.exe scorch
- 20 NULL values are excluded. Why?
- 19 Configuring subdirectory authentication mode in applications hosted under root site
- 19 How to manually change password in asp.net membership?
- 13 Stored procedure or function expects parameter which was not supplied
- View more network posts →