I'm a fan of what's called "Community promotion ads" on SE sites. Such as the currently active version of it on Drupal.SE. Checkout this link if you're not familiar with such ads, to understand the rules of the game, and also see some real world samples.
If you do checkout the above link, and want to help "me" to promote DevOps.SE, then make sure to look at this specific ad over there (disclosure: it's mine ...). Or if you rather want to try it out via this question (to see what will happen if it ever gets enough votes over there), just click on this image below:
The kind of actual ads which, IMO, could make sense for DevOps are (among probably many other variations):
- DevOps related events, as a variation of "What are the Devops-related conferences happening around the world?".
- DevOps related training, as a variation of "Which university has a good postgraduate DevOps program?".
- DevOps related open source software recommendations.
- ... what else?
- How about also having such ads on DevOps.SE, does that make sense (already)?
- If so, who or what is required to get it going on DevOps.SE? Is that something that one of the (new) mods can do, or is there some other magic behind the SE-scenes needed for that?
PS: the (red) community-ads tag is available already, but I don't have the required privilege for any red tags ...